Iran is being told to take the deal. So far, silence.
1 min read

Iran is being told to take the deal. So far, silence.

The U.S. has a draft peace agreement on the table. American destroyers are still trading fire in the Strait of Hormuz. And somewhere in Tehran, someone is deciding whether to answer.

55 SHIPS TURNED AWAY

3+ MISSILE/DRONE ATTACKS THIS WEEK

20% HORMUZ TRAFFIC BLOCKED

Status as of filing: Iran has not publicly responded to the U.S. peace proposal. A fragile cease-fire is nominally in effect. Two Iranian ships were struck by U.S. forces Friday for violating the blockade.

There’s a deal on the table. The U.S. has drafted a peace agreement. And Iran is… quiet. Ominously, strategically, or simply exhaustedly quiet β€” nobody quite knows yet. What is clear is that the window for a negotiated exit is open, and it won’t stay that way forever.

The week leading up to this moment has been bruising. Three separate Iranian missile and drone attacks hit targets in the UAE. U.S. destroyers were attacked twice in the Strait of Hormuz β€” and both times, they fired back. Secretary of State Marco Rubio didn’t mince words about the logic: they shot at us, we shot back. That’s not a strategy statement, that’s a reflex β€” and in this part of the world, reflexes can escalate fast.

One thought on “Iran is being told to take the deal. So far, silence.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *